LiteSpeed Web Server 5.2
- Friday, 1st September, 2017
We're pleased to announce that we've completed sufficient testing and monitoring in a staging environment, and have now updated all of our cPanel Web Hosting servers to LiteSpeed 5.2!
This update includes the following:
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE Added QUIC (Quic UDP Internet Connections) support.
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE Added mod_pagespeed support for 64-bit Linux installs.
- NEW FEATURE Switched from OpenSSL to BoringSSL with TLSv13 support.
- NEW FEATURE Added support for HTTP/2 Server Push.
- NEW FEATURE Added support for CloudLinux ruby/python selector.
- NEW FEATURE Added support for IP2Location to convert IP to geographic location.
- NEW FEATURE Added support for brotli compression for static files.
- NEW FEATURE Added support for SecRemoteRules and improved performance of mod_security engine.
- IMPROVEMENT Improved QUIC stability and performance.
- IMPROVEMENT Added support for QUIC versions Q039 and Q040.
- IMPROVEMENT Improved Cache engine with new cache-control directive and ESI URL fixup.
- IMPROVEMENT Improved ETag header to comply with RFC 7232.
- IMPROVEMENT Improved overall speed of WebCache Manager.
- IMPROVEMENT WebAdmin is now forced HTTPS.
- IMPROVEMENT Updated access log format %H flag to log transport protocol - HTTP/SPDY/HTTP2/QUIC.
- IMPROVEMENT LiteSpeed Web Cache manager has been vastly improved with the addition of a command line tool (lscmctl).
- IMPROVEMENT The LiteSpeed cPanel/WHM plugin has been improved and prepped for the upcoming cPanel 66 release.
- BUGFIX Fixed a bug that prevented mod_pagespeed from being enabled through .htaccess.
- BUGFIX Fixed Ruby/Python selector setup script to install more required modules.
- BUGFIX Fixed DirectAdmin shared virtual host suEXEC problem.
- BUGFIX Included all bugfixes in the 5.1 branch.