We're very pleased to announce that we have updated our fleet of Web Hosting servers to version 5.2.3 of the LiteSpeed Web Server software! This is described as a "Feature Enhancements & Bug Fixes" update, which includes:
- NEW FEATURE Built-in WordPress brute force protection.
- NEW FEATURE Improved cache engine with capability to selectively drop certain query string value pairs.
- IMPROVEMENT Updated cPanel and Plesk integration with support for PHP 7.2.
- IMPROVEMENT Updated WHM Plugin to v184.108.40.206.
- BUGFIX Fixed a bug in mod_security engine related to RBL lookup.
- BUGFIX Enabled SSL session ticket support for Apache vhost by default.
This update will be of particular use to WordPress users, as it automatically deals with attacks targetting the wp-login.php and xmlrpc.php pages, preventing the need for plugins, .htaccess rules or other solutions. Details about exactly how it works can be found here.
We hope that this update brings you a smoother hosting experience!
In the pipeline is another update, to our database servers, MariaDB, which will involve moving from version 10.1 to 10.2, with the highlights of the release being:
- Improved InnoDB performance.
- UNION ALLs can now be executed without a temporary table.