If your website is being slow, we suggest doing the following:
– Try to access your domain in another web browser. For example, if you’re using Internet Explorer, try using Google Chrome, and vice versa
- Close any programs such as torrent clients, or CPU intensive applications which may be slowing down your whole PC
- Reboot your computer. This will kill any stale processes, flush DNS cache and so on
- Try to access your site on another computer or device. If your site runs without issue on another machine, the problem is most likely isolated to your computer
- Restart your router/modem. This can be achieved by simply powering off at the mains. Leave it off for at least 20-30 seconds, then power it back on again
If, after trying all of the above, you’re still having problems, the issue may be related to the content on your website. For example, you may have poorly optimized code, heavy/large image files, etc. We recommend using online tools to test your page load time. A few good ones are Pingdom and GTmetrix – these tools will scan your site and present you with the time it takes for a page to load. You should try and implement any suggestions that these tools provide if possible. Make sure to take a backup of your website first, though
You may also contact us, and we will happily investigate the matter for you.