New UK server location & LiteSpeed Update
- Tuesday, 21st August, 2018
Ethernet Servers is all about getting better at what we do, every single day. We love to be able to say "yes" more than we say "no" to requests from our customers. One of our most popular requests in recent months has been a UK location for web hosting, and, we're now very happy to announce that we can tick this off the list; the United Kingdom is now an option for Shared Web Hosting! This new location features the same great specifications as our US location, including cPanel, CloudLinux, MariaDB, Softaculous, Imunify360, Daily Backups, and of course, 24/7 customer service!
New orders can be placed via our website. Existing customers are welcome to request a migration to the new location, for no added charge.
Furthermore, in keeping with the latest technologies, our servers have been updated to the latest version of the LiteSpeed's enterprise web server, and includes the following fixes and features:
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE Keep PHP workers running through server restarts with PHP detached mode.
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE Support for CloudLinux NodeJS selector.
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE Added BROTLI compression for dynamic responses.
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE PHP handler auto configuration.
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE LiteSpeed Web Cache Manager cPanel plugin v1.0.0.
- MAJOR NEW FEATURE Automatic GZIP and BROTLI conversion for cached pages.
- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT Added support for TLSv1.3.
- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT Added support for PHP CRIU in CloudLinux environments.
- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT Added support for maxmind database GeoIP2 lookup.
- MAJOR IMPROVEMENT Updated QUIC engine to support GoogleQUIC v43.
- IMPROVEMENT Improved cache engine to fix bad cache storage directory and file permissions.
- UPDATE WHM plugin v3.1.0.
- BUGFIX All bug fixes in 5.2.x releases.